Jadi gini, Kang Isman yang dari Bandung mau ke Metro TV di Kedoya. Dia ngga tau jalan di Jakarta, jadi pas turun dari shuttle, minta ojek anterin ke sana. Entah gimana, malah sampenya ke Pancoran. Baca cerita penuhnya di blognya papa @pinot deh.
Promoted Tweets — read: ads — are coming to the Twitter mobile client streams. I suspect the initial reaction will be: “Great! Another reason to use TweetBot!”
But I actually don’t view this as a negative thing. Twitter is a service that many of us use and love for hours on end every single day. It’s a great service. But like any great service, if it’s to stick around, it needs to make money. I don’t begrudge them trying to do that.
They’ve been experimenting with various ways to do this, and apparently the Promoted Suite of products is working well enough that they’re now expanding it to the mobile experiences. In fact, a Promoted Tweet was the most retweeted Tweet last year.
It’s interesting that Twitter only gets paid when a user takes an action (retweet, reply, etc) on these Tweets. In other words, they’re cost-per-action not cost-per-impression. Again, a good choice because it will naturally lead to higher quality Tweet Ads (or retweet-bait, I suppose).
And hey, at least it’s not the DickBar.
If your alter account is where you spit out the naked truth, does that make your original account your alter ego? #kusut
- Shows 100 of the most recent images
- Picks up images hosted on twitter/photobucket, twitpic, yfrog, instagram, and many others
- Only showing images uploaded since January 1, 2010
- Viewable from user profile page
- Can only remove image listing by deleting the corresponding tweet (or removing it from the image host
- Will host image from manual RT but not native retweet.
- Slowly rolling out to everyone
Dear brands, kalau memang peduli, sumbangan tanpa syarat followers atau fan. Kalau tidak ada followers/fan tidak menyumbang, apakah begitu?
Saling silang published a report on the state of “social media” in Indonesia for the first half of 2011 which you can see on Slideshare. Some of the highlights with regards to Twitter:
- There are nearly 85 million internet users in Indonesia according to Business Measurement Intelligence report
- Third most active country on Twitter with 13% of tweets, nearly doubles the UK at 4th place with 7%. The US tops the list with 28% of tweets, followed by Brazil with 24%.
- Nearly 1.3 million tweets per day collectively
- No day is significantly more chatty than the other.
- The busiest times during the day are between 5 pm and 10 pm (33% of tweets) but mornings make up 30% of tweets.
- Jakarta is the most tweeting city with 13% of tweets, followed by Yogyakarta with 11.7% and Surabaya with 11.3%.
- Nearly 87% of tweets are from mobile devices.